Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ready Cloud fails to connect.

BobGPW
Aspirant

Ready Cloud fails to connect.

Hello,

I upgraded to firmware 6.7.5 on 29 July and prior to that, everything was going beautifully.  Now, the ReadyCloud app refuses to connect to the NAS and I get the little blue wheel spinning round "Connecting" followed by "Offline".

I've used Raidar to see the NAS and I can access it using the web based Admin page.  The NAS is healthy and in the "Cloud" tab, there are green ticks next to "Internet Available" and "Services Available".  ReadyCloud is turned off and when I try to switch it on, I get the message:

"Something is preventing the ReadyNAS from connecting to the ReadyCloud server. Please reboot your ReadyNAS and try again."

Well, I've done that with no effect.

On my laptop, I can see the NAS in the network and I can access the files.  However, I can't copy files from the laptop to the NAS!  I can run Plex from my TV and watch movies on the NAS.

The only thing that I can see in the system logs that has only appeared after the upgrade is a message that says:

"System: Host name was changed to nas-35-37-91".  I didn't do that and that always was the NAS name in the network.

I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling ReadyCloud too.  

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello BobGPW,

Are you able to access the NAS locally using just Windows explorer and not through ReadyCloud?

It appears you are not able to turn on ReadyCloud, it needs UPnP enabled, I suggest to check it under System > Settings. May I also ask what error message you get when you try to copy files from the laptop to the NAS? Please post some screenshots.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
BobGPW
Aspirant

Hello Jenn,

Thanks for the reply.  The network was dropping file transfers to the NAS but now appears to be working correctly - don't know why as I've done nothing different.  UPnP was enabled but ReadyCloud refuses to work.  Such is life, I just won't bother using it as it looks like I can access the NAS via Windows Explorer.

Regards,

Bob

Message 3 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello BobGPW,

When connecting to your ReadyNAS to get your files while away from where the NAS is, either office or home, you can use ReadyCloud. ReadyCloud is for remotely accessing your ReadyNAS volume. If you are just in the same network where the NAS is, it is best to access the files locally without using ReadyCloud and just use Windows explorer.

There are times that ReadyCloud is not turning on due to the NAS having hard time picking up Internet connection. I may need to check this later on our NAS here to see if I get the same problem.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello BobGPW,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 7
appierro
Apprentice

This issue is not resolved and is a widescale issue on many threads within this community with none offering any real solutions.  Please advise.  This issue is turning ReadyNAS into bricks.

Message 6 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @appierro

I am pretty sure your NAS is now being investigated, I would also advise to contact NETGEAR Support if you still have Contract or use Paid Support.

I will now lock this thread and focus on the post that you have created so we can continue on the investigation.

Regards

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements