Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready cloud user vs nas user

hughroddy
Tutor

Ready cloud user vs nas user

I have a user setup as "John" and email John@xxx.com. When I try and give John access to readycloud it fails. When I try to give John a ready cloud account is says the email John@xxx.com is already registered. In essence I just want to give John readycloud access also. I dont want to have to need a separat John account for the cloud access also. this doesnt make sense. I should be able to give a NAS user account direct access through the same credentials on the cloud. Is there something I am missing? I invited John through the cloud portal but it gave me similar error message. please advise

Message 1 of 4
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Ready cloud user vs nas user

Hi hughroddy,

Kindly check this ReadyCLOUD article and hopefully it answers your question.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
hughroddy
Tutor

unfortunately it doesnt I went through that before. I already have Ginger setup as an account user on the NAS. When I invite her to the cloud the invitation goes out she has to create a cloud account? she cant just use her same credentials for the NAS. During this process is asks for her details but it errors saying the email account is already registered. What am I missing

Message 3 of 4
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi hughroddy,

Unfortunately, it is how it's designed. You need a separate account or user credential to use or access ReadyCLOUD. With regard to your other problem, I need more details. I've sent you a PM.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements