Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readycloud RN212.How to connect to myreadycloud from web?

Geotipo
Aspirant

Readycloud RN212.How to connect to myreadycloud from web?

I can't find a way to access my readycloud RN212 from the Web! I have already activated the readycloud from the configuration of my NAS software,and I have a valid account to my netgear site too. Also I used to log in through the windows app readycloud (from everywhere whith laptop, ipad etc), which doesn't recognise me as a valid user (while I am connected at the same time to my netgear site!!!) anymore! In the support I read that I have to Upgrade my readycloud account to a MyNETGEAR before I sign in to mynetgear, but the link doesn't exist either!!! So dissappointed from netgear! I have registered my product, which I bought it in 2019! I can't believe that there is no way to access my cloud through web any more! I downgrade it to a local NAS in the house! If someone can help me, I would appriciated so much!

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Readycloud RN212.How to connect to myreadycloud from web?

@Geotipo wrote:

I can't find a way to access my readycloud RN212 from the Web! I have already activated the readycloud from the configuration of my NAS software,and I have a valid account to my netgear site too. Also I used to log in through the windows app readycloud (from everywhere whith laptop, ipad etc), which doesn't recognise me as a valid user (while I am connected at the same time to my netgear site!!!) anymore! In the support I read that I have to Upgrade my readycloud account to a MyNETGEAR before I sign in to mynetgear, but the link doesn't exist either!!!

None of these old topics bring you ahead. Netgear decided to drop the support as still on the announcement above here:

NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.

Alternate solutions - requiring much more effort I admit -  would be to deploy some VPN solution. for example - generally either OpenVPN (usually in your router). or ZeroTier (usually on the NAS), and also including the VPN client for OpenVPN or ZeroTier on your mobile devices (including laptops)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@Geotipo wrote:

I can't find a way to access my readycloud RN212 from the Web! I have already activated the readycloud from the configuration of my NAS software,and I have a valid account to my netgear site too. Also I used to log in through the windows app readycloud (from everywhere whith laptop, ipad etc), which doesn't recognise me as a valid user (while I am connected at the same time to my netgear site!!!) anymore! In the support I read that I have to Upgrade my readycloud account to a MyNETGEAR before I sign in to mynetgear, but the link doesn't exist either!!!

None of these old topics bring you ahead. Netgear decided to drop the support as still on the announcement above here:

NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.

Alternate solutions - requiring much more effort I admit -  would be to deploy some VPN solution. for example - generally either OpenVPN (usually in your router). or ZeroTier (usually on the NAS), and also including the VPN client for OpenVPN or ZeroTier on your mobile devices (including laptops)
Message 2 of 6
Geotipo
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice! I don't know how difficult is to access my data on internet through vpn! Is there any tudorial somwwhere? Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Geotipo wrote:

I don't know how difficult is to access my data on internet through vpn! 

It's really simple, once set up.

You connect to your home network by enabling the VPN.  Then you access your data the same way you would at home.

Message 4 of 6
Geotipo
Aspirant

Thanks for your answer! How to enable vpn? Do I have to install one first? Where and which one? Afterwords, do I have to install it to all my devices (like Ipad etc)?

Thanks once more!

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Geotipo wrote:

Thanks for your answer! How to enable vpn? Do I have to install one first? Where and which one? Afterwords, do I have to install it to all my devices (like Ipad etc)?

IMO the simplest path is to get a router that has a VPN installed.  My Orbi router (like Netgear Nighthawks) has openVPN installed, so I use that.  One of several similar guides is here:

You will need to install the vpn client app on the devices you want to use for remote access when away from home.  For instance, iPads, laptops, phones.

ZeroTier is another path - it can be installed on the NAS, w/o making any changes to your router setup.  You would again need to install the ZeroTier client on devices you want to use remotely.  Installing ZeroTier on the NAS requires use of ssh (the linux command line) - there is more information on from other users here on how to do that.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements