Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: rn204 factory reset

rodcrit
Luminary

rn204 factory reset

For a number of reasons I decided to do a factory reset on my NAS RN204.

it is currently resyncing data.  the problem is I cannot now access the system.  RAIDar is connecting to the NAS and displaying admin login page.   but the password is obviously no longer valid and when I cancel it goes to the password recovery screen and reports there is no recovery set up for this system.

I dont know where to go to from here.  is there a way to get back to the very beginning of setup so I can start again from scratch?

any help appreciated.

Rod.

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@rodcrit wrote:

it is currently resyncing data.  the problem is I cannot now access the system.  RAIDar is connecting to the NAS and displaying admin login page.   but the password is obviously no longer valid and when I cancel it goes to the password recovery screen and reports there is no recovery set up for this system.

The default admin password for the RN104 is password.

Message 2 of 4
rodcrit
Luminary

Thank you for response.   I had actually found some information in some old netgear documents.  it looks like I am in business now.  

A supplementary question...  the nsa name has been defaulted to a default network address -  10.20.30 for example.   is it possible to change this to a name :  rodnas for instance?

must have done this 7 years ago when first installed the system, but memory not that good and cannot find anything in the  old documents.

many thanks for contact 

Rod

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@rodcrit wrote:

must have done this 7 years ago when first installed the system, but memory not that good and cannot find anything in the  old documents.

I suggest downloading these manuals:

The information you want is on page 188 of the software manual.

Go to system->overview in the web ui.  (This should be the page you see when you log into the web ui).

There is a gear next to the NAS hostname.  Click on it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements