× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: End-of-Life for ReadyNAS Replicate (RN312, RN3xx)

MugiMuc
Aspirant

End-of-Life for ReadyNAS Replicate (RN312, RN3xx)

Hi,

I just read, that NETGEAR is ending ReadyNAS Replicate  end of 2018.

We use two RN312 systems to   save and backup (mirrow) all our company data. The systems are running since 2014  and after setting up everything and solving several problems, the systems run stable now and backup/replicate the data every  night.

The systems are running well, so there is absolutely no need to exchange the hardware.

We want to use the systems to store AND BACKUP (mirror) the data also in the future. After the end of REPLICATE 2018, what is NETGEARS solution for the customers that continue to use there well running systems (eg. RN312) to backup the data.

What are the alternatives to REPLICATE. What process or software has to be change with the RN312 systems to continue with a reliable backup from one RN3xx system to another.

I'm sure, it can't be NETGEAR philosophy and idea, to simply end a product without providing a solution for the existing systems.

Our systems have been purchased just 3,5 years ago.

Exchanging the RN312 systems against bigger and more powerful "business" systems is  not viable sulution.

I'm sure the experts of NETGEAR can provide a  reasonable and good solution for the existing customers.

Please help us.

Waiting for a solution, with kind regards

Thomas 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

For X86 based NASes like your 312, ReadyDR is the replacement for Replicate.  Using copy jobs between the NASes (rsync being the best choice) is another option (and the only option for ARM based NASes).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

For X86 based NASes like your 312, ReadyDR is the replacement for Replicate.  Using copy jobs between the NASes (rsync being the best choice) is another option (and the only option for ARM based NASes).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements