× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Personal folder not visible in Readycloud IOS/Android app

Personal folder not visible in Readycloud IOS/Android app

I'm running RR2304 and RN526X in the same network, have an identical user folder on both NAS that represents my Admin email account.

Strange that I can see this folder on the RN526X but on the RR2304 I can't. All other folders are available. I have compared the settings on both - all using SMB protocoll and SMB3 encryption.

Only difference is that the one I can't see has a weekly smart Snapshot management enabled.

On windows clients I can see all folders both NAS.

Any idea on this issue? Somewhere else I should look at?

Message 1 of 20
StephenB
Guru

Re: Personal folder not visible in Readycloud IOS/Android app

@ThomasNanninga wrote:

I'm running RR2304 and RN526X in the same network, have an identical user folder on both NAS that represents my Admin email account.

Strange that I can see this folder on the RN526X but on the RR2304 I can't. All other folders are available.

On windows clients I can see all folders both NAS.

Can you clarify exactly where you can't see it? Do you mean in the admin web ui?

You say this is a private folder - so it should be in /home. Is that where you are looking?

Have you ever accessed the RR2304 from Windows/SMB using the user credentials?

Message 2 of 20

>>You say this is a private folder - so it should be in /home. Is that where you are looking?<<

Yes

>>Have you ever accessed the RR2304 from Windows/SMB using the user credentials?<<

Yes, all the time, windows is my main platform

Can you clarify exactly where you can't see it? Do you mean in the admin web ui?

I can see the folder in the web Admin page https://192..../admin

I can see the folder in readycloud.netgear.com with those credentials

I can see it in all WIndows clients using SMB

Can not see it in the Readycloud mobile App, version IOS 2.0.7, neither in IOS, nor in Android.

Of course logged off and on quite a few times.

Message 3 of 20
StephenB
Guru

@ThomasNanninga wrote:

Can not see it in the Readycloud mobile App, version IOS 2.0.7, neither in IOS, nor in Android.

Ok. so it's a ReadyCloud issue.  That is helpful to know. 

This folder is for a ReadyCloud account that exists on both NAS?  Have you also tried the readycloud app on the PC?  

Message 4 of 20

Yes, same account on both NAS.
Using ReadyCLOUD on PC the folder is visible.
As mentioned the folder is visible everywhere else except in IOS/Android App.
Message 5 of 20
StephenB
Guru

@ThomasNanninga wrote:
Using ReadyCLOUD on PC the folder is visible.
As mentioned the folder is visible everywhere else except in IOS/Android App.

Neither @Sandshark nor I use ReadyCloud, so we can't help much there. 

One workaround is to use a public share instead of a private folder (using network access to restrict access if that is actually needed).

Other folks here might have other suggestions.

Message 6 of 20

Well, I'm more interested in understanding the ReadyCloud rather than fiddling around with other folders.

In ReadyCloud the personnel folders can not be allocated to Remote users, so they should appear automatically for the respective one. 

The email user that I'm talking about is my ReadyCloud admin user, therefore no folders can be allocated, so I assume all should be visible (as they are in ReadyCloud Desktop).

I've been checking through the ReadyCloud FAQ but nothing that brings me forward. I wonder if anyone has another idea where to look at.

Message 7 of 20

Another guy reported for his ReadyNAS 212, same firmware, by end of May that some folders are not visible.

Finally he received from Mod JohnCM_S: "This issue with the ReadyCLOUD web portal should be resolved now. You may check if you can now see the shares on the web portal."

So I wonder if anyone from the Mods can check if there is an inconsistency for my ID in the data center.

Sometimes, when routers loose the VPN connection the support calls the internal BR500 support page, connect to another data center in the world and yep... getting reconnected.

In my IOS device I'm missing two folders, in my Android just one, in my RC desktop app all there - all with same User-ID. It is my expectation that Netgear provides help on such inconsistencies.

Message 8 of 20
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@TohmasNanninga

Have you tried toggling the ReadyCloud service on the RR2304? or have you tried using a different account on the other NAS and check if it will show the folders?

Message 9 of 20

>>Have you tried toggling the ReadyCloud service on the RR2304?

Yes, more than one time.

>>or have you tried using a different account on the other NAS and check if it will show the folders?<<

There are two more Non-Admin RC accounts. 

1st: can see all folders with Android, can't see homefolder with IOS

2nd: has only IOS, no homefolder

Message 10 of 20

@Marc_V wrote:

@TohmasNanninga

Have you tried toggling the ReadyCloud service on the RR2304? or have you tried using a different account on the other NAS and check if it will show the folders?

I wonder if you can forward this to the technical development as we have no other end-user options identified here and they should take care of their published Apps.

Message 11 of 20

Users that can see their homefolder in Adroid App but not in IOS (same user) seemed a rather straightforward issue to me but seems it's insolvabe or no-one from 2nd level takes care on this.

Message 12 of 20
nog
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi,

i have the same problem in ios readycloud app

i have 2 nas

-an old rn 2120 no problem i see all my shares in readycloud app , eveything  is fine and i don't remember to  had to do sometthing special to make it works

- a fresh installed rn516 whith exacltly the same shares as on the rn 2120 with same access permissions 

on the RN 516 i see only  2 default folders "documents" and "images" and nothing else , i have left the default permissions for these 2 folders, all my other shares are only admin allowed and readycloud credential allowed

i don 't understand this difference and everything i ve tried don't  change anything rn2120 remains  ok and rn 516 not ok

if someone can give me a clue about what to configure or is  it  a readycloud bug ?

thanks

Message 13 of 20
Sandshark
Sensei

How did you accomplish getting the same shares and permissions on the new NAS?  In particular, did you manually create any users who access via ReadyCloud (you shouldn;'t have)?  The best method would have been to backup the appropriate configuration items from the old one and load that to the new one.  You should still be able to do that.  If you have apps running on the old one, I recommend you not save "all" of the config, just do Share Access and Users and Groups.

Message 14 of 20
nog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello sandshark
When is say same share I mean i recreated the rn2120 shares on the rn516 with same names and I backup the 2120 shares on it
When I compare the permissions on the 2 nas everything is the same but I don t see the rn516 folders on ReadyCLOUD iOS
Another info is that i see rn516 folders on ReadyCLOUD web portal on my pc but nothing on iOS . Very strange
Message 15 of 20
nog
Aspirant
Aspirant

And it is the same ReadyCLOUD account
Message 16 of 20
Sandshark
Sensei

I understand WHAT you did, I asked HOW you did it.  You may have done something subtlly different.  When the ReadyCloud users were yet recognized by the new NAS may be a factor.  The NAS assigns a User ID (UID) number for each user and Group ID (GID) for each group.  By doing a configuration backup on the old and restore on the new, you insure those IDs are ther same between the two.  If you create them manually, or let RedayCloud create them itself, they could end up different.  I am not a ReadyCloud user myself, but it may be a clue for someone who is.

Message 17 of 20
nog
Aspirant
Aspirant

ok thanks but i think it is more a readycloud ios app bug as i see my folders from everywhere else: direct access by IP , readycloud web ui on pc and on phone, readycloud pc .the problem is only on ios app for me 

so i prefer to wait a fix or an answer from netgear or someone   than taking  the risk to put the mess in my setup

Message 18 of 20

>>...so i prefer to wait a fix or an answer from netgear or someone  <<

Good luck, I'm waiting since more than a year for a fix. On first NAS Andriod/IOS can't see homefolders, the second NAS is doing fine - with the same Readynas Account. 
Hope dies last.

Message 19 of 20
nog
Aspirant
Aspirant

for sure i don t expect an answer from netgear with their ghost support policy … and no way for me to pay support for a bug
I use mainly iOS app to save my phone photos . it works on the working nas after that A periodic nas to nas backup duplicate photo to the faulty nas
Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements