× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Plex Media Server log files

Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

Plex Media Server log files

Hello All,

Can someone give me step-by-step instructions on how to access the PMS log files and download into a file?

Thank you,

-Alex

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Plex Media Server log files

If you are running OS6, then you can access them with Windows File Explorer or Finder (using SMB).

They are stored in \\NASIPADDRESS\data\.apps\plexmediaserver\MediaLibrary\Plex Media Server\Logs  (where NASIPADDRESS is of course a placeholder).  If you use flexraid, "data" might also be a placeholder (it is the default volume name for the NAS).

You need to be using NAS admin credentials to gain access.  if you have a problem (and are using windows), then try opening cmd and entering

net use * / delete

net use t: " \\NASIPADDRESS\data\.apps\plexmediaserver\MediaLibrary\Plex Media Server\Logs" /user:admin NASADMINPASSWORD 

That should mount the log folder on drive letter t.

Once you see the folder, you can copy the logs, zip them,  etc.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

If you are running OS6, then you can access them with Windows File Explorer or Finder (using SMB).

They are stored in \\NASIPADDRESS\data\.apps\plexmediaserver\MediaLibrary\Plex Media Server\Logs  (where NASIPADDRESS is of course a placeholder).  If you use flexraid, "data" might also be a placeholder (it is the default volume name for the NAS).

You need to be using NAS admin credentials to gain access.  if you have a problem (and are using windows), then try opening cmd and entering

net use * / delete

net use t: " \\NASIPADDRESS\data\.apps\plexmediaserver\MediaLibrary\Plex Media Server\Logs" /user:admin NASADMINPASSWORD 

That should mount the log folder on drive letter t.

Once you see the folder, you can copy the logs, zip them,  etc.

Message 2 of 3
Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

@StephenB,

You have been the most helpful person on the internet.  Thank you very much.  Now that I am able to see my logs, I am not sure what i am looking for.  I am trying to figure out why my PMS is no longer loading up my libraries but is wanting me to set every up again.  I am glad that you got me to this part though.

Thank you very much!

-Alex

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements