× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Plex Mediaserver on ReadyNAS RN202 website fails to open

c0zy
Aspirant

Plex Mediaserver on ReadyNAS RN202 website fails to open

I installed the Plex mediaserver app on the ReadyNAS RN202. Installation went fine, however when i try to open the plex website it gives me page not found or page can not be displayed.

If i try to telnet the port 32400 i also can't connect.

What can be the problem or where must i look further ??

I installed the app through the apps from the management website of the NAS running OS version 6.4.1

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
c0zy
Aspirant

Re: Plex Mediaserver on ReadyNAS RN202 website fails to open

I removed the RN2xx version and installed the general version. (What is the difference between the versions ? as i would assume the RN2xx is the one specificaly created for this NAS) I again wasn't able to open the webpage however i found an option in the shares page called dlna.

Once i clicked on this DLNA option and it went green i was able to open the Plex webpage ... Eureka 🙂 ...

I want to add the screenshot to this page but am unable to browse my pc for the picture to add 😞

This option is hidden in the shared folders -> <one of my own created folders> -> network access. Here i have some buttons which i can click to enable or disable apperantly the access to this share like ftp, smb and also dlna. Once i clicked on the dlna option it went green and i was able to browse the webpage and manage the plex webserver ...

Thanks for all the support and it works now perfectly ..

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Did you install the R2xx version or the more generic version?

Is port 32400 forwarded in your router?

What happens if you click on the plex media server link the the web admin system/overview page?

Message 2 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The more generic version is the one you should install on the RN202.

Message 3 of 10
c0zy
Aspirant

I indeed installed the RN2xx version as the unit is the RN202. Is this the wrong version then ?? and which one must i pick then ?

Message 4 of 10
c0zy
Aspirant

If i click on the web link i receive the 'page can not be openend'  message in the webbrowser. The port is not specific open on the router as i don't want to allow internet access to the nas. I try this from my own local network

Message 5 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello c0zy,

Welcome to the community!

Please install the other version (without the RN2XX).

Regards,

Message 6 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@JennC wrote:

Please install the other version (without the RN2XX).

Best to uninstall the current version first of course.

Message 7 of 10
Alex_CCIM
Apprentice

Hello All,

I hate to butt in but I have the ReadyNAS 202 (RN20200).  I have successfully installed the PMS RN2XX version and updated it a few times without issue.  I am not a techie on this qquipment at all but it would seem that he is having another issue.

Regards,

-Alex

Message 8 of 10
c0zy
Aspirant

I removed the RN2xx version and installed the general version. (What is the difference between the versions ? as i would assume the RN2xx is the one specificaly created for this NAS) I again wasn't able to open the webpage however i found an option in the shares page called dlna.

Once i clicked on this DLNA option and it went green i was able to open the Plex webpage ... Eureka 🙂 ...

I want to add the screenshot to this page but am unable to browse my pc for the picture to add 😞

This option is hidden in the shared folders -> <one of my own created folders> -> network access. Here i have some buttons which i can click to enable or disable apperantly the access to this share like ftp, smb and also dlna. Once i clicked on the dlna option it went green and i was able to browse the webpage and manage the plex webserver ...

Thanks for all the support and it works now perfectly ..

Message 9 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@c0zy wrote:

I removed the RN2xx version and installed the general version. 

The RN2xx includes real-time transcoding for the RN212 and RN214.  AFAIK it doesn't provide that on the RN20x platforms - and I don't know why they labeled it RN2xx.

It'd be helpful to have more information on what it does exactly on RN20x (and if it isn't for RN20x, the name should be changed).

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements