× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WordPress - The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

BaJohn
Virtuoso

WordPress - The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

When using WordPress to 'upload' a theme from my PC the message comes up.

"The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini."

That seems a sensible message as the limit is 2MB and my file is over 5MBs.

The current (if exists) PHP.INI file needs editing or creating as appropriate.

There does not appear to be any posts in this forum about it, although there are some on the Internet.

I believe that the correct place for the PHP.INI file is /apps/wordpress/web/wp-content/wp-admin,

BUT before I play around with this, it would be good to know if this is the correct place, and

that it is normal for the file NOT to exist by default.

I have seen at least 4 places suggested as 'the home' for this file, so need guidance.

I already have another post open about getting FTP to work for WordPress, and yes I

would like both the FTP to work and the upload functionality.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
BaJohn
Virtuoso

Re: WordPress - The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

I think it only sensible to redirect this post to an existing post which is already in existence.

Hope this works.

See more on this topic at

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Current-NETGEAR-and-Partners/Trouble-Finding-php-ini-file-for-Wordp...

I will close this post with this redirect as a solution.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: WordPress - The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

The file might also be in \etc\apache2\php so maybe look there also with ssh.

Message 2 of 3
BaJohn
Virtuoso

I think it only sensible to redirect this post to an existing post which is already in existence.

Hope this works.

See more on this topic at

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Current-NETGEAR-and-Partners/Trouble-Finding-php-ini-file-for-Wordp...

I will close this post with this redirect as a solution.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements