× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RNDP 600U model clarification and upgrade RAM

proteinnerd
Aspirant

RNDP 600U model clarification and upgrade RAM

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help. I've just upgraded my Readynas Ultra 6 (?) to OS6.

I'm looking to upgrade the RAM and am just having trouble correctly IDing my model. The serial/model  number on the bottom of the unit says RNPD 600U however in Frontview next to model it says Readynas PRO.

My understanding is the 6 ultra and the 6 pro take different types of RAM? Is that correct and Is there any other way to confirm the actual model type?

Any help with what RAM I should be getting as well would be greatly appreciated, I'd be happy going to either 2 or 4GB, whichever I can get hold of.

Thanks for any assistance.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

You have an Ultra 6 Plus, which has the same motherboard as a Pro6.  I have heard that some of them were shipped with a motherboard that identified itself as a Pro.  Or maybe OS6 is just mis-identifyfing it.  From  a memory standpoint, though, use the guidelines for a Pro6.

I have not found the Pro6 boards to be anywhere near as finicky with RAM as some seem to indicate.  I have used several brands, and always go for low latency.  The last a bought was GSkill Platinum PC2-8500 5-5-5-15 off eBay.  It does require low density memory, so finding 4GB sticks at a reasonable price is difficult.  I've stuck with 2GB sticks.  Don't get the type with the heat sink that sticks way up, as it won't fit.

The Ultra 6 is an RNDU6000, BTW.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

You have an Ultra 6 Plus, which has the same motherboard as a Pro6.  I have heard that some of them were shipped with a motherboard that identified itself as a Pro.  Or maybe OS6 is just mis-identifyfing it.  From  a memory standpoint, though, use the guidelines for a Pro6.

I have not found the Pro6 boards to be anywhere near as finicky with RAM as some seem to indicate.  I have used several brands, and always go for low latency.  The last a bought was GSkill Platinum PC2-8500 5-5-5-15 off eBay.  It does require low density memory, so finding 4GB sticks at a reasonable price is difficult.  I've stuck with 2GB sticks.  Don't get the type with the heat sink that sticks way up, as it won't fit.

The Ultra 6 is an RNDU6000, BTW.

Message 2 of 3
proteinnerd
Aspirant

Thanks very much for the help!

It has always identified itself as a Pro in Frontview even on the older 2.4.xx OS.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements