× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

5GHz question

Mark_McC
Aspirant

5GHz question

My Samsung UE43TU7020KXXU TV can’t find / doesn’t recognise the 5GHz Wi-Fi band on a netgear D6220 Serial Number

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 4
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: 5GHz question

Does the tv not detect the 5ghz band? I know some devices only work on the 2.4ghz bands.

Message 2 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Mark_McC,

I understand that you would like your Samsung TV to take advantage of your 5Ghz network speeds. However, the device you mentioned does not have the required hardware to allow it to access the 5Ghz network. 

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 3 of 4

@Mark_McC wrote:
My Samsung UE43TU7020KXXU TV can’t find / doesn’t recognise the 5GHz Wi-Fi band on a netgear D6220 Serial Number

Most Samsung devices I have cone across support only 2.4 GHz. That is perfectly fast enough to support just about any smart TV operation.

Connecting a TV to the network is usually best done through the TV's controls and set up routine. The router rarely does much more than spit out the wifi signal. It is then down to the TV to do its thing.

Where possible, it is usually easier to use a wired connection from the router to the TV. It is easier to set up and less likely to fall over. If you can't run Ethernet cables around the place, you could look into Powerline Ethernet. It turns your mains wiring into an Ethernet circuit.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7