× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 R6300V2 intermittent "no network connection" on 2.4g

taherte
Tutor

AC1750 R6300V2 intermittent "no network connection" on 2.4g

First off, I am a complete novice when it comes to networking and computer hardware in general, so please excuse me if what I say doesn't quite make sense or I use the wrong terminology. Thanks.

To resolve a printing problem HP told me that I had to connect my desktop and laptop to the 2.4G network, not the 5G network. That plus some changes they made got the printer working with all of my devices. However, now when I try to reach websites I frequently get a "no network connection" message. If I click on try again, I get to the site. While doing an update to one of my applications it presented the message numerous times during the update process. When the errors occur, the wi-fi icon in the system tray appears normal. I don't get the error when I am connected to the 5G network, but I don't think I can print if I do.

Any idea where to start to resolve this? Following is the setup for the 2.4G network.

Netgear 1.png

Message 1 of 2

Re: AC1750 R6300V2 intermittent "no network connection" on 2.4g

@taherte wrote:

To resolve a printing problem HP told me that I had to connect my desktop and laptop to the 2.4G network, not the 5G network.

That sounds like wonky advice.Is this printer on wifi, USB or wired Ethernet?

It is the wifi printer that has to connect at 2.4 GHz.

If the printer connects to the router, and you have set it up with ReadySHARE, then it doesn't matter how other devices connect to the network. In my case, I have a wired connection to the network, no wifi in the middle. I also have other devices that connect to the 5 GHz wifi and can see the printer on the network.

The key is usually to set the printer up with the printer maker's network utility.

Installing HP wireless printer software | Wireless Printing Center | HP® United Kingdom

The printer finds the wifi and then joins the network so that other devices can see it.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7