× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ACCESS CONTROL LIST WHY I CANNOT REMOVE A MAC ADDRESS

JGL991
Guide

ACCESS CONTROL LIST WHY I CANNOT REMOVE A MAC ADDRESS

I am unable to remove a particular mac address from my allowed devices on the access control list.  It is blocked but, why can I not remove it.  My psychopath neighbor somehow I think is disabling my blink camera so that she can get away with what ever jacked up thing she wants to do at the moment.  Anyhow, it makes no sense that I cannot remove this mac address not just block it from the list of allowed devices

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JGL991,

Good day!

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the router. Was this working before or did it start after the recent firmware update? Please DM us a screenshot of the Access Control page.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 11
JGL991
Guide

No, it has been going on for a long while and also after I upgraded the firmware still same issue.  However, i reverted back to the previous version of the firmware due to the DNS resolver issuue with the latest release.  attached screenshoti want to remove the BLOCKED MAC ADDRESSi want to remove the BLOCKED MAC ADDRESSIT SHOULD BE DOWN AT THE BLOCKED DEVICESIT SHOULD BE DOWN AT THE BLOCKED DEVICES

Message 3 of 11
JGL991
Guide

2nd attempt to add the screenshotsScreenshot (950).pngScreenshot (951).png

Message 4 of 11
JGL991
Guide

ok will send 2 more replies to get both screenshots cannot upload them as pics

Message 5 of 11
JGL991
Guide

see screenshots and original reply please

Message 6 of 11

Embedded screenshots have to be approved by a Netgear moderator before they appear. Attached files don't suffer that indignity.

Message 7 of 11
JGL991
Guide

And yet, still no one knows how to remove the BLOCKED mac address from the list of allowed devices?

Message 8 of 11
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JGL991,

We are sorry for not being able to get back to you immediately. Thank you for sending the screenshots. Did you try changing your wireless password or reset the router? If not, please do so.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 9 of 11
JGL991
Guide

No, as if it is just some simple thing to do.  Whenever I reset router,  I have to bring all of the mounted devices such as cameras, extenders etc into the house and set up again next to the router.  It takes more that half a day to get especially the BLINK cameras to reconnect after changing the password or resetting the router.  It would make sense that this would correct the issue but not something I have time to do right now.  I just hope that the MAC address is really a blocked address as the router seems to indicate.

Message 10 of 11

That isn't an allowed list, that's a list of allowed and blocked devices that are currently connected to the network.

The problem here is simple: once you block a device that doesn't mean the router will disconnect the device from the network or prevent the device from theoretically connecting (weird, I know), however the device no longer has internet access nor can it access the router login screen as it'll show the message "This device is blocked by Access Control in the router." So a blocked device can connect to your network even if it has no internet access.

If you really want to remove it from the list you are going to have to change your router password and make sure your neighbour doesn't find it out next time. Maybe they've connected using a guest network without one? I don't know the circumstances there.

Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7