× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ac1750 Router 5ghz channel has no internet

Ryanhoffman
Aspirant

Ac1750 Router 5ghz channel has no internet

The 2.4ghz channel of my router works fine but when I connect to my 5 ghz channel I get a no internet message on my iPhone 13. I’ve gone through the app and haven’t seen anything that has the channel disabled or would cause it to not work properly. My hardware version is up to date and I currently have v 1.1.0.88_1.0.1
Message 1 of 4

Re: Ac1750 Router 5ghz channel has no internet

Which router is this?

Ac1750 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the model number.

@Ryanhoffman wrote:
.... when I connect to my 5 ghz channel I get a no internet message on my iPhone 13.

Can other mobile devices see and connect to 5 GHz?

You have to rule that out before blaming the router.

Then there is this:

NETGEAR Mobile Applications and Apple Devices FAQ - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 4
Ryanhoffman
Aspirant

It’s an R6350 model router. All devices can connect to the 5-Ghz band but it says no internet connectivity. I went through routerlogin.net to see if it the 5ghz band was turned off but it says it working fine. It’s been like this since we got the router but we e added more devices and the second band would help with network traffic.
Message 3 of 4

@Ryanhoffman wrote:
All devices can connect to the 5-Ghz band but it says no internet connectivity.

What says "no internet connectivity"?

When something cannot connect to the WiFi it is natural to blame the router, but it is often down to the WiFi client to do the connecting. You have to look at both sides of the connection.

Genuinely "smart" WiFi sources use the same SSID for 2.4 and 5 GHz. That does not seem to be the case for the R6350.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7