× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

App features not working

Dee_Bee
Follower

App features not working

Hi all,
I have the R6120 router yet, I don’t have all the app features. I can’t rename devices anymore, the dashboard screen only shows a pic of the router, device manager (only option to toggle on or off), Wifi settings, Guest wifi and support.
The app and firmware is up to date. Why don’t I have parental controls, speed test, proper device manager etc?
Message 1 of 2

Re: App features not working

@Dee_Bee wrote:

I have the R6120 router yet, I don’t have all the app features.

Is your R6120 in router or access point mode?

Which app is this? Android? iOS?

I can’t rename devices anymore, the dashboard screen only shows a pic of the router, device manager (only option to toggle on or off), Wifi settings, Guest wifi and support.

How were you trying to rename devices? There are at least three different ways of doing that: browser graphical user interface (GUI), app and desktop genie.

Not sure that I follow the rest of that sentence.

Can you access the router through www.routerlogin.net?

The app and firmware is up to date.

Only the number of the firmware is a reliable indicator of that. If you have used the app to manage the router, there is a good chance that it is not as up to date as you think.

Why don’t I have parental controls, speed test, proper device manager etc?

Which type of parental controls do you expect to see? Netgear has removed the original version that came with your router.

Why can’t I see the NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls tile in the Orbi or Nighthawk app after upgradin...

By the way, I hope you don't have an Internet service faster than 100 Mbps. The R6120 is limited to a connection speed of 100 Mbps to the modem/internet. Anything faster than that is wasting your money.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7