× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Best wifi router around/under $150?

Smoker21
Aspirant

Best wifi router around/under $150?

I already have a Motorola modem, an Xfinity 100 mbps package, and a residence that is about 2750 square feet. Are there any reliable routers in the $150 to $200 pricing range?

Message 1 of 4

Re: Best wifi router around/under $150?

@Smoker21 wrote:

Are there any reliable routers in the $150 to $200 pricing range?

Like "what is the best?" that is one if those "how long is a piece of string?" questions.

It all depends on what you want to do. All we know is the size of the property. That's a good start.

Try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

and

Orbi: Whole Home WiFi System for Better WiFi Everywhere | NETGEAR

Then check back here for reports on the things you are considering, but remember that people turn up in this community with problems, not compliments. So look at reviews on Amazon, for example.

Remember that Netgear's quoted prices may not be the best, nor do they show the various "refurb" deals out there.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You can find good prices or deals on 2nd hand or refurb units if you don't mind trying one out. 

https://www.amazon.com/Netgear-Nighthawk-6-Stream-AX4300-Router/dp/B086ZNJ1J2/ref=sr_1_2

I've bought two NG refer'b routers from Amazon. Both were basically unused or new. R8000 and R8500. I was lucky I guess. 

@Smoker21 wrote:

I already have a Motorola modem, an Xfinity 100 mbps package, and a residence that is about 2750 square feet. Are there any reliable routers in the $150 to $200 pricing range?

Message 3 of 4
Smoker21
Aspirant

thanks for the replies guys i appreciate it very much

how to find your computer's ip address  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation