× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Blink Cameras and Broadcast SSID

JGL991
Guide

Blink Cameras and Broadcast SSID

I want to turn off the broadcasting of the SSID for the 2.4 ghz but, it seems to create a problem for my blink cameras not being able to access the network. Anyone else having this issue?

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Blink Cameras and Broadcast SSID

If its only blink having the issue, I'd check with blink support 

Message 2 of 6

Did you just disable broadcast of the SSID network name? Or was it the wireless radios?

Turning off the wifi for something that needs wifi could cause problems.

Message 3 of 6
JGL991
Guide

Turned off the broadcast of the SSID because I thought that if I turned it off that it would not get hacked

Message 4 of 6
JGL991
Guide

Been there done that.  They do not get involved with breaches of wireless network. They point to internet provider which is Spectrum.  I say it is the Wireless network which is back to Netgear.  You know that in the Interface for Netgear it has the option SECURITY that when you first get the router that maybe you can get additional security.  If you do not get it right away they stop offereing it to you.

Message 5 of 6

@JGL991 wrote:

Turned off the broadcast of the SSID because I thought that if I turned it off that it would not get hacked

There are sniffers that determined crooks can use to find your wifi.

Decent passwords are better protection.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7