× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300 and NordVPN

Net_Gear_Man
Initiate

C6300 and NordVPN

Hello,

I'm inexpert enough not to know exaclty whyic "Model" to enter into the imperative field (I just think of me as having a C6300) WiFi router I picked up new in Dec '16.

I use NordVPN on my Windows 10  (64 bit) Pro and asked their (NordVPN) support folks if there were any tweaks available to get speedier throughputs. (I use Xfinity here with a purchased understanding of 200 mbs). They suggested that I try any one of the following. Why don't I just quote the reply I got: "Please search for a setting called "VPN passthrough" or "IPsec passthrogh" and enable it if it is present. Also, try disabling IPv6, disabling DDNS and also try lowering the setting of the router's firewall." So drawing on my vast inexpertness, I thought I pass this bit of wishful thinking to to this board in hope someone out there knows what they're talking about and can help with steps to take.

Thanks.

Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: C6300 and NordVPN

@Net_Gear_Man wrote:

Why don't I just quote the reply I got: "Please search for a setting called "VPN passthrough" or "IPsec passthrogh" and enable it if it is present. Also, try disabling IPv6, disabling DDNS and also try lowering the setting of the router's firewall." So drawing on my vast inexpertness, I thought I pass this bit of wishful thinking to to this board in hope someone out there knows what they're talking about and can help with steps to take.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

Search for the prompts there.

If you need more help, you might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

Cable Modems & Routers

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: C6300 and NordVPN

@Net_Gear_Man wrote:

Why don't I just quote the reply I got: "Please search for a setting called "VPN passthrough" or "IPsec passthrogh" and enable it if it is present. Also, try disabling IPv6, disabling DDNS and also try lowering the setting of the router's firewall." So drawing on my vast inexpertness, I thought I pass this bit of wishful thinking to to this board in hope someone out there knows what they're talking about and can help with steps to take.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

Search for the prompts there.

If you need more help, you might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

Cable Modems & Routers

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7