× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can not connect to Spectrum modem Hitron Model EN2251

byrdman1107
Aspirant

Can not connect to Spectrum modem Hitron Model EN2251

On Wednesday 04-20-2022, I noted my wireless stopped working with the Neatgear N 300 (WRN3500L v2), then I tried the Netgear D6200 (router only), and then the C3000Z (router only).  After multiple reboots, of the Spectrum Hitron modem, and rebooted the modems at least 3 times each, I have been unable to connect to the wireless internet through the routers.  I did not attempted to copy MAC yet. I am able to log into the configuration page on all the modems from a laptop wirelessly, strong wireless signal, and did not notice anything out the ordinary.  A laptop connected by cat 5 cable to the modem sees the internet.  I contacted Spectrum, the service person said since it's not a Spectrum router(s), they can't help.  I said it's a Spectrum problem not a router problem.  Windows 10, updates done & firmware done on routers.

Message 1 of 3
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: Can not connect to Spectrum modem Hitron Model EN2251

That's weird that none of them worked. Maybe updating firmware on one of those routers could help. Anytime you try a different router you'll have to power off and power back on the modem since it marries the router once it syncs with it.

Message 2 of 3
byrdman1107
Aspirant

Re: Can not connect to Spectrum modem Hitron Model EN2251

I have now tired 7 different routers, updated firmware on routers, checked on updates to windows 10, tried new Cat5 cables from Hitron modem, rebooted modem and router each and every time a router was changed, looked at configuration pages on all the routers,  removed coaxial cable from modem re-installed and tighten, still can not get routers to work at the clients house.  All these routers work immediately / instantly on my Spectrum modem the Arris TM1602A, the routers all will run up to their maximum speed, and a triband linksys will speedtest at 437 Mps on the 5 Gig band.  Any suggestions.  Spectrum doesn't want to trade out the modem.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7