× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't login to my R6260 Nighthawk Router.

TxGeek
Aspirant

Can't login to my R6260 Nighthawk Router.

I've been trying to login to my R6260 for months without success.  The Nighthawk App is perfectly useless.  I've tried putting in the ip address of 192.168.1.1 several times only to be met with the message that I haven't supplied the correct authenticity.  Despite typing in exactly what it told me the username and password was, it didn't take it.  

I type in the correct security answers and it tells me the username is "admin" and the password is "admins".  I type both of those into the login window and it never takes it.  After three attempts, it takes me right back to the security questions.

I've been a computer tech for 20+ years and this is beyond frustrating.

HELP!

Model: R6260|AC1600 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Can't login to my R6260 Nighthawk Router.

did you ever just start over and factory reset it? 

Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

The defaults are: 

login: admin

password: password

all lower case

There's a support site with access to manuals, firmware, install guides, etc.
Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/
Type in your model number and from there it'll take you to the above.
Its a great resource to start with.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible that the admin and password you input into the NH app didn't get migrated to the router properly when you set it up if you used the NH app. 

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 15 seconds then let go. Power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds than back on. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 3 of 5
TxGeek
Aspirant

No I haven't tried that yet...that's kind of a last resort thing to do but may have to try that.

Message 4 of 5
UtesGirl
Aspirant

I had the same issue. Speaking to NetGear support, when using the Nighthawk app I did an update for the system which happened to be a corrupt file thus crashing the Router and No real chance of factory reset. NetGear advised to do updates through hardwired to computer direct to router. Why use the nighthawk app?
Model: R6260|AC1600 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7