× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot login to router wndr3700ve3 from Windows 10.

fmanallo
Aspirant

Cannot login to router wndr3700ve3 from Windows 10.

Had connectivity problem which required me to reset router to factory setting.  Now I need to restore my old SSID and passwords but I can't bring up the router setup page.  Tried all possible ways, i.e. entering gateway IP, routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com but always get error message "cannot reach page" or "cannot display page." I researched the community and other sources and tried suggested solutions to no avail.  Used different browsers too.  Even tried it on an old XP PC still I got the same results/error message. What else can I do?  Please help!  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@fmanallo What's the IP address of the computer you're using to access the admin page? 

Can you ping the Default Gateway? 

Have you tried the steps below?

Unable to access the router web interface

If you cannot login to your router

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Are you trying with a wired connection? Some anti virus programs have blocked connections, what are you using.

Message 2 of 5
fmanallo
Aspirant

I'm connected to router with ethernet cable.  I'm on a Windows 10 system and using Windows Defender.  I've temporarily disabled my firewalls. I've disabled IPv6 on this ethernet adapter as suggested to resolve this problem. I've reset the router several times (to factory default).  Still I'm not able to open the setup page of the router.  It used to be easy. By just entering the gateway IP address in a browser the setup page would come up right up and allow me to make changes, i.e. SSID, passwords.  This is happening because of the new/updated browsers or what?

Message 3 of 5
fmanallo
Aspirant

Got another message: "the remote device or resource won't accept the connection ..... detected"  Does this means the router is rejecting all communication to open the setup program?  Or Does the router have become defective on this aspect of its system? Can a Netgear tech staff respond to this query?

Message 4 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@fmanallo What's the IP address of the computer you're using to access the admin page? 

Can you ping the Default Gateway? 

Have you tried the steps below?

Unable to access the router web interface

If you cannot login to your router

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7