× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configuration Error

Jkarl
Aspirant

Configuration Error

I’m continuously getting “Configuration Error” - router cannot apply your new settings. Occurs when trying to update wifi security level. Have rebooted and factory reset both modem and router several times.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Configuration Error

You gave us nothing to go off.

What NG product model are you referring too? 

There's a support site with access to manuals, firmware, install guides, etc.
Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/
Type in your model number and from there it'll take you to the above.
Its a great resource to start with.

Message 2 of 4
Jkarl
Aspirant

This is an R6129 router
Message 3 of 4

@Jkarl wrote:
I’m continuously getting “Configuration Error” - router cannot apply your new settings. Occurs when trying to update wifi security level.

Where are you updating the wifi settings? Which bit of the browser graphical user interface (GUI)?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

I assume that you mean R6120. (There is no R6129.)

How fast is your Internet service? If it is faster than 100 Mbps. you are wasting

money.

According to Netgear's manual for this device, not always the most reliable source of information, the LAN and WAN ports support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer internet services and most modern network hardware.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7