× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configuring R6300 as an access point after firmware upgrade

gvasick
Aspirant

Configuring R6300 as an access point after firmware upgrade

Hi,

I installed a firmware update this morning on my R6300 router (I am not sure how to tell if I have a v1 or v2 model):

Firmware Version
V1.0.2.80_1.0.59

After the update, there is no longer a Wireless AP option under the advanced setup menu.  How do I configure my router as an access point with the new firmware?

Thanks,

George

Model: R6300v1|Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router - 802.11ac,R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
gvasick
Aspirant

Re: Configuring R6300 as an access point after firmware upgrade

That is it.  The access point configuration is under "Use other operation mode" at the bottom of the screen shot.

Thanks,

George

View solution in original post

Model: R6300v1|Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router - 802.11ac
Message 5 of 6

All Replies
William10a
Master

On the bottom of the router you will find a label with a the model number if follow by a v2 or other version that the version of the model you have.

R6300 without a version number is a version 1, if you have say R6300v2 you have a R6300 version 2, and so on depening on how many versions for that model.

Message 2 of 6
gvasick
Aspirant

Thanks for the tip.  Mine is a version 1.

I could still use some help with configuring it as an access point after the firmware update.

Thanks,

@William10a wrote:

On the bottom of the router you will find a label with a the model number if follow by a v2 or other version that the version of the model you have.

R6300 without a version number is a version 1, if you have say R6300v2 you have a R6300 version 2, and so on depening on how many versions for that model.

George

Message 3 of 6
William10a
Master

Here is answer from a few months ago https://community.netgear.com/t5/R6000-Series-AC-WiFi-Routers/Is-AP-mode-in-R6300v1-possible/td-p/12...

The last poster tells how the R6300v1 in a access point mode.

Message 4 of 6
gvasick
Aspirant

That is it.  The access point configuration is under "Use other operation mode" at the bottom of the screen shot.

Thanks,

George

Model: R6300v1|Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router - 802.11ac
Message 5 of 6
William10a
Master

I'am happy that the community could help.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7