× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Difference Between NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System and RBK23 — Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi

robbiedestocki
Follower

Difference Between NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System and RBK23 — Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi

I purchased the Orbi RBK23 — Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi from Costco a few years back but now they have the 

NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System, Is there a difference between them and most importantly will buying the 

NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System and replacing the  Orbi RBK23 — Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi give me better reception and faster speeds?

I am also using a Netgear CM1100 Router with my current  Orbi RBK23 — Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi .

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Difference Between NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi 6 System and RBK23 — Orbi AC2200 Tri-band W

Its debatable. 

It'll certainly be faster on your AX devices if your subscribed speeds is fast enough that the RBK23 system is holding it back. 

but if you only have 100mbps service, the AC system will cover it fine. 

It might provided a ilttle more coverage but its not going to cover a whole lot more. 

So a lot depends on the speeds your subsribed to, the home size, and devices you're using, and even budget. 

If its meeting all your needs, it might be worth holding off for generation 2 of wireless AX. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7