× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disappointed with the router as it doesn't have important feature to set bandwidth to scope of ips

whitehat007
Aspirant

Disappointed with the router as it doesn't have important feature to set bandwidth to scope of ips

WNDR3400v3

Case ID: 27440470

I am really disappointed with the router as it doesn't have important feature to set bandwidth to scope of ips.

My previous routers which were 1/4th price of netgear had this feature. As my router is connected to multiple devices laptops/pc/smartphones i need to set bandwidth to smartphones as they usually buffer youtube and youtube on wifi default plays at HD which inturn completes the FUP given by ISP. To avoid such problem i use to set

192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.5 (which are reserved for laptops/pc)will get full speed 60mbps
whereas rest ips which are smartphones  gets 256kbps (youtube will play at 360/480p resolution which saves ISP fup.

PLEASE TAKE THIS ISSUE IN PRIORITY AND RELEASE A FIRMWARE WITH THIS FEATURE.

Or else un willingly i need to buy another router.

Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Disappointed with the router as it doesn't have important feature to set bandwidth to scope of i

I wouldn't hold my breath. You can use QOS to prioritize traffic for various devices. Unfortunately, it cannot enforce per-device bandwidth caps. You will have to look elsewhere to find something suitable for your needs.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Re: Disappointed with the router as it doesn't have important feature to set bandwidth to scope of i

I wouldn't hold my breath. You can use QOS to prioritize traffic for various devices. Unfortunately, it cannot enforce per-device bandwidth caps. You will have to look elsewhere to find something suitable for your needs.

Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Who makes this router? The 3400 is sold all over for $70 and you're saying some company makes a router with those features for way less.

Message 3 of 6
whitehat007
Aspirant

I called up netgear product service they say none of the netgear router has ip based bandwidth cap limit option.Which router to buy i am confused.

Message 4 of 6
whitehat007
Aspirant

I dont want per device allocation i need for ip scopes.

Message 5 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@whitehat007 I apologize but there's no more future updates for the router. It's been EOL for a long time. 

Just like what @TheEther had mentioned the router cannot provide bandwidth limitation per device nor IP scopes. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7