× NETGEAR would like to hear from you about specific features so we can improve your experience. To participate in this survey please click HERE.

Disk Drive Activity

GordonNorris
Aspirant

Disk Drive Activity

I am seeing activity on a disk drive I connected to my router via USB 3.0. I see what looks like both reading and writing. But I am no running anything on my computer to access the drive. I have even notice this activity when my computer is turned off. Is the router doing this on its own, or is there some other possible source? I have checked the contents of the drive and can find no evidence that anything was changed.

I have an R7000 Dual Band Gigabit Router, but my model is not listed in the list provided by the web site.

Model: R6050|A750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: Disk Drive Activity

... because that is what a media server does, indexes your files so that you can find and play them later.

Just another user with a set of boilerplate macros.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

It falls under the Nighthawk category. Most likely drive indexing  

Message 2 of 3

... because that is what a media server does, indexes your files so that you can find and play them later.

Just another user with a set of boilerplate macros.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E