× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Error registration NETGEAR R6400v2 - This serial number is already registered to another custume

JeisonT
Aspirant

Error registration NETGEAR R6400v2 - This serial number is already registered to another custumer

Hello, good afternoon.

I bought a used Router NETGEAR R6400v2 the last year, and unfortunately, the old owner registered the equipment, and, when I try to register with my e-mail account the website shows the following error: "This serial number is already registered to another customer. Please email NETGEAR support customer.service@netgear.com for help."

Unfortunately, I cannot register and I need to use some specifics features that are blocked if the router is not registered "Port forward and UPnP" for example.

I have already sent two or three e-mails to "customer.service@netgear.com", but unfortunately any response. I starting my looking to purchase a new router, probably one Tp-link.

Before I buy a new brand I'll try the last time here in the community, because this NETGEAR router is really good with an excellent signal.

So if some good person can help me with this problem, please can try?

Thanks for your attention and help. 

Any questions please let me know. 

With best regards 

Jeison Terci

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Error registration NETGEAR R6400v2 - This serial number is already registered to another custume

If you contact the person you bought it from, they can unregister it. 

Registration and Un Registering products Help - NETGEAR Communities

But you shouldn't need to register it to use upnp and port forwarding. 

Just log in through the gui interface to set it up. 

Message 2 of 5
JeisonT
Aspirant

I already contact an old owner to do that, but unfortunately not was possible. 

And if the router is not registered they really block these features, take a look at the print screen attached. 

Anyway thanks for your attention and help.

Best regardsError NETGEAR R6400v2.JPG

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Its because you're in access point mode. It has nothing to do with your registration. 

Which features are disabled on my NETGEAR router when it is set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Suppor...

Message 4 of 5

Indeed, AP mode kills several features.

However, there can be problems with setting up Anywhere Access on a registered device. But we can come to that after @JeisonT has got this router out of AP mode.

If they did not put the thing into AP mode, then they should do the first thing that everyone should when they acquire a second hand device. Do a factory reset to wipe out any settings from the previous owner.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7