× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extender Issues

lvbassist
Tutor

Extender Issues

We have an EX3700 extender.

I have not changed it's position where it is plugged in and it hd been working perfectly.

With  both green lights for Router and Device illuminated...

I did change the pasword for our Apple Airport Wifi router and short time ago and then issues started.

Although I did upadte paswords, etc., the extender would display either an orange or red light for Router and nothing for Device.

At times if I want to or need to change the network to 2GEXT or 5GEXT, only the 5 would be avalilable.

Today I unplugged the extender and now, both the 2GEXT and the 5GEXT are available but, only the Router green light is on and Device is off.....Usually both green light s are on.

I noticed that all this hapened after  changed passwords and upadated things.....

Any ideas on how to fix this or does what I explained, with both the 2 and 5 now available, seem like everything is in working order?

Not really knowledgeable in this area...

Thanks

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Extender Issues

not all manufacturer's setup wps the same. 

what I'd do? 

factory reset the extender. push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Then get the router running how you want it. Once its up and running (passwords and all), then run through the installation wizard on the netgear. don't use wps. 

See how that works. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

not all manufacturer's setup wps the same. 

what I'd do? 

factory reset the extender. push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Then get the router running how you want it. Once its up and running (passwords and all), then run through the installation wizard on the netgear. don't use wps. 

See how that works. 

Message 2 of 3
lvbassist
Tutor

That seems to have worked.

All netwroks seem to be on line.

Thank you for your help

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo