× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware updates D6400

Mike744
Aspirant

Firmware updates D6400

It might seem like a dumb question. I am being forced to manually update the brand new D6400 I just bought. The modem/router came with update 74 and when I tried to let it auto update, I got an "Unknown error:-1" so I am manually updating it. Do I have to update each release one at a time or are they cumulative updates? I mean are all previous updates contained in the new update? or do I have to do one by one.

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router?802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Firmware updates D6400

Usually you can update all at once. Baring a changing to the partition size and then there's usually a release note stating which version you need to go to (that changes the partition) before updating the rest of the way. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Usually you can update all at once. Baring a changing to the partition size and then there's usually a release note stating which version you need to go to (that changes the partition) before updating the rest of the way. 

Message 2 of 3
Mike744
Aspirant

I thought so but it would have none of it. I mean I had to update one by one or it would come up with an error. Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7