× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Genie network map

zayde
Aspirant

Genie network map

My network Genie software was just updated to version V1.0.1.24  My Desktop with the Genie software is connected to the internet through the Lan, but the Genie's Network Map just shows '?' as connection to internet.

I also have a laptop connected to internet through my Netgear Lan, but it does not show up on the Genie's map.   Before the software update, the entire network, including my TV, was on the map.

HELP !

Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
zayde
Aspirant

Re: Genie network map

I couldn't figure out how to answer that question, because the only thing I got from Netgear with the Router was a disk with the Genie software, whatever kind it is.

However, the problem seems to have been minimized:  I disconnected the router completely, then turned it on again and it is picking up the other devices when I make it re-scan.    I hope in future it will automatically scan when the it opens.

Thanks for trying to help. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies

@zayde wrote:

My network Genie software was just updated to version V1.0.1.24 

You refer to the genie. This could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac program for a PC, or a mobile Android/iThing app. Netgear labels them all as genies. Which are you using?

Message 2 of 5
zayde
Aspirant

I am using the Netgear genie.

Message 3 of 5

@zayde wrote:

I am using the Netgear genie.

Which one?

See above.

Message 4 of 5
zayde
Aspirant

I couldn't figure out how to answer that question, because the only thing I got from Netgear with the Router was a disk with the Genie software, whatever kind it is.

However, the problem seems to have been minimized:  I disconnected the router completely, then turned it on again and it is picking up the other devices when I make it re-scan.    I hope in future it will automatically scan when the it opens.

Thanks for trying to help. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7