× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How Can I Trace Device & External IP Address Using Up My Data Limit (What App Can I Use)?

seniseven
Aspirant

How Can I Trace Device & External IP Address Using Up My Data Limit (What App Can I Use)?

So this month I have been reading that Comcast is going to impose a 1.2 TB monthly data limit and tack on $10 for each 50 GB used up to a limit. (I pay $84 for Internet 55 Mbps and TV [local channels and HBO] and I don't even stream that much for video])

I don't worry about it because I found my average monthly data usage is 400-600 GB (household of 3)

So now I get a Comcast email warning me I am up to 75% usage, a little over 900 GB and I am DOUBLE my average usage in the month people are starting to talk about the Comcast data limit!!  (Coincidence?)

Comcast says it cannot help me track down the device in the LAN (home side of my router) and the external IP address that are large amount of usage may be going to it because I am not using Xfinity modem and router

They say I have to contact modem/router manufacturer for getting that info. What specifics can I get by properly configuring the router administration setup? Or can I install a laptop / phone app to track what the router is doing with specifics like MAC addresses of devices accounting for the high usage? Moreover, what external node IP address they are trafficking with?

By the way, I just installed Glasswire on my laptop, but its interface is very busy and not indicating what device is doing on GB numbers trafficwise, nor what external sites are getting a lot of traffic. If you have app experience, please advise.

Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series