× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to connect Arris TM1602A to Netgear AC1900 modem router?

supportacc
Follower

How to connect Arris TM1602A to Netgear AC1900 modem router?

I recently had to upgrade my router according to a Spectrum representative, and I was sent an Arris TM1602A modem. I currently own the Netgear AC1900 modem router and have tried connecting them via an ethernet cable. Both devices power up fine; however, it will not let me connect to the Wi-Fi.

I've contacted representatives at Spectrum, and they've said that everything was fine with the modem and that it's probably something to do with the netgear device. I've attempted to only turn on my modem router, but that doesn't work either. I've also tried to power cycle and reset the devices to no avail.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How to connect Arris TM1602A to Netgear AC1900 modem router?

IF you have the C7000 modem then you can and need to connect the C7000 to the ISP coax line. 
The C7000 is a modem router that gets it's internet services at the coax line connector in back to the wall jack or where ever you see the RG6 cable coax line that comes in the home. The C7000 would replace the Arris modem. You can't connect these two modems together. 

Not sure why the ISP service agent didn't tell you this. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7