× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I need a 8 digit pin for WNR2000v5

Frustratedugh
Aspirant

I need a 8 digit pin for WNR2000v5

I need an 8 digit pin

Model: JWNR2000v5|N300 Wireless Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: I need a 8 digit pin for WNR2000v5

It sounds like you are trying to use WPS to connect your laptop.  You can find the router's WPS PIN at ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings.

But you don't necessarily need to use the PIN.  If your laptop supports the push button method of WPS, you can use that instead.  Push the WPS button on the router, then start the WPS join process on your laptop within two minutes.

Finally, you don't have to use WPS at all.  You can simply enter the Wi-Fi password on your laptop.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

What do you need it for?

Message 2 of 4
Frustratedugh
Aspirant

I need it to connect to my laptop

Message 3 of 4
TheEther
Guru

It sounds like you are trying to use WPS to connect your laptop.  You can find the router's WPS PIN at ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings.

But you don't necessarily need to use the PIN.  If your laptop supports the push button method of WPS, you can use that instead.  Push the WPS button on the router, then start the WPS join process on your laptop within two minutes.

Finally, you don't have to use WPS at all.  You can simply enter the Wi-Fi password on your laptop.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7