× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I need a router that shows data usage per connected device

simard
Aspirant

I need a router that shows data usage per connected device

I am in need of a router that logs each device IP connected and the data used per connection per device. I need to see how much bandwidth each device is using each hour and each day. I only need standard 2.4 GHz WiFi. I currently have an n750 but it doesn't log per device only per the router itself. I really would like a router that has detachable antennas so I can hook up to my amplifier and ceiling mounted antennas. I can modify if I have no choice and add antenna connections but the ability to see the data usage per IP address is the critical feature I need. Thank you.
Message 1 of 10
microchip8
Master

Re: I need a router that shows data usage per connected device

You won't find it at NETGEAR. They do not offer a router with firmware that tracks bandwidth or volume per device.
Message 2 of 10
plemans
Guru

What N750 do you have? 

Some have 3rd party options (ddwrt/tomato) that offer data tracking. 

but it voids your warranty and can put you at a risk for bricking your device. 

Just an option to try before buying something 

Message 3 of 10
simard
Aspirant

What router can do it ? Model ?
Message 4 of 10
plemans
Guru

You won't find a stock netgear consumer model that will. 

Again, what n750 model do you have? 

Message 5 of 10
simard
Aspirant

I don't know what model N750 I have. I tried the wwrt and that doesn't work for me. I don't want to mess around with alternative firmware I just want to buy something off the shelf that I can plug in and configure and be done with it.

If you know of a router that can do this feature please let me know the manufacturer and model number even if it's older and I will try to find it
Thank you for your help
Message 6 of 10

@simard wrote:
I don't know what model N750 I have.

There's a label on the bottom.

Netgear stopped making N750 routers about a decade ago

If you know of a router that can do this feature please let me know the manufacturer and model number even if it's older and I will try to find it

As already explained, Netgear doesn't make these devices, so this is not something you are likely to find on a Netgear site.

There aren't that many makes of consumer grade routers, to it shouldn't take you too long to track them down and visit their sites.

Message 7 of 10
simard
Aspirant

Why are you asking for the model when no Netgear router has this feature ? I need something that can do this without putting in an experimental firmware. I will message Cisco and see if they have something that will work.
Message 8 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Try ASUS and Ubiquity. 

Message 9 of 10

Because someone may know of third party firmware that you could try for that model.

Just because Netgear won't support it here does not mean that someone doesn't know where you could look.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7