× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Increase Ethernet Output speed on Netgear R6220 router

azcowboy
Aspirant

Increase Ethernet Output speed on Netgear R6220 router

I am having trouble obtaining the same (or nearly the same) ethernet output speed from my router as I obtain directly from my modem.

I have tested my Cisco Modem (using speakeasy) wired directly to my PC and it outputs download speeds of approx 114 Mbps.

When I run the same speed test on my ethernet netwwork, I only obtain about 40Mbps ethernet output from the router, .

The ethernet  network consists of 2 PC's, 1 Printer, and an ethernet connection to a wireless transmission for my Solar panel system, It also has wireless streaming to a TV (via Roku).

How may I obtain at least 80Mbps ethernet output with 113Mbps input on my Netgear R6220 router?

I am using a Netgear R6220 AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with external antennas

My cableing is Cat5 and Cat5e

Thank you in advance for any assistance

Larry Goldberg

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
azcowboy
Aspirant

I replaced the CAT5 and CAT5E cables with CAT6a (Shielded Twisted pair) and my problem is solved.  Spedd went from 40Mbps to 160+Mbps on the ethernet connection. 

Many thanks,

AZ Cowboy

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Remove any CAT5 cables you are using from your network, and replace with at least CAT5e cables, and try agian.

Message 2 of 3
azcowboy
Aspirant

I replaced the CAT5 and CAT5E cables with CAT6a (Shielded Twisted pair) and my problem is solved.  Spedd went from 40Mbps to 160+Mbps on the ethernet connection. 

Many thanks,

AZ Cowboy

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7