× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

LAN Lights remain amber

tovur
Follower

LAN Lights remain amber

The LAN led lights still blink amber for the two Unifi UAF-LR access points even though they seem to be operating.  Is this a problem?  

Also, I have disabled the Netgear Router WiFi radio and are using only the Unifi access points for WiFi transmission. Could I use the Netgear Router as an additional access point by assigning the same SSID as for the Unifi access points?

Thanks

Model: R6400v2|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router—802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: LAN Lights remain amber

@tovur wrote:

The LAN led lights still blink amber for the two Unifi UAF-LR access points even though they seem to be operating.  Is this a problem?  

Amber means the port is running at 100 Mbps instead of 1000 Mbps.  You should check the cables.  They could be bad.

Also, I have disabled the Netgear Router WiFi radio and are using only the Unifi access points for WiFi transmission. Could I use the Netgear Router as an additional access point by assigning the same SSID as for the Unifi access points?

Yes, you can.  Just be sure to use a different Wi-Fi.  Otherwise, there will be competition for airtime.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Re: LAN Lights remain amber

@tovur wrote:

Amber means the port is running at 100 Mbps instead of 1000 Mbps.  You should check the cables.  They could be bad.

Yes, you can.  Just be sure to use a different Wi-Fi.  Otherwise, there will be competition for airtime.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7