× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Locked Upstream Channel

TUEZEE56
Aspirant

Locked Upstream Channel

COMCAST XFINITY is my service provider.  The router upstream LED is amber indicating one upstream channel is locked.  How do I unlock this channel?  There are three other upstream channels that are unlocked.  Will this locked channel create a problem?  Is it common to have an upstream locked?

Thank you for considering my inquiry.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Locked Upstream Channel

You want channels locked. The "locked" channels are what transmit data. 

Do you have a screen snip of the whole cable connections page and the modem logs? It lets us check the connection back to the isp. 

If you have any splitters, amplifiers, or attenuators in line, I'd recommend removing them. I'd also check the coax line for kinks, damage, cheap/bad connectors, loose connectors, or cheap/bad cables. 

Message 2 of 4

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

Message 3 of 4
TUEZEE56
Aspirant

Thank you for getting back to me.  I restarted the modem earlier today and all LED indicators are GREEN. 

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7