× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MORE SPECIFICATIONS ABOUT NETGEAR LG6100D

Gianca19
Aspirant

MORE SPECIFICATIONS ABOUT NETGEAR LG6100D

Respectable Community , I am Gaetani Giancarlo and I live in Italy and I want to ask some questions:

To navigate in internet I am using an internet key of italian telephone provider Vodafone.Unfortunately the quality of the signal that arrives to the Internet key is very low and for me is impossible to navigate. Searching with another computer in Internet I have found on Netgear site that there is a possible solution to my problem. This solution could be the Netgear LG6100D. Now I want to make some questions:

1) If the signal is low this product can amplify even a low signal ?

2) I have seen in the instructions that in the sim slot of this product is yet installed a sim that cannot be removed. If I install , using the usb port, my internet key, there can be some problems?  

3) I want simply to know the price because , searching in Internet, I have not found a seller of this product.

Thank , in advance, to all that want to answer to my questions, I salute the community.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: MORE SPECIFICATIONS ABOUT NETGEAR LG6100D

I'm not an expert with Netgear's mobile broadband products, so you are welcome to ignore me.  Smiley Happy

I looked at the documentation for the LG6100D and it looks like it's specifically designed to be used with Sprint's cellular network, so you probably cannot use its built-in LTE modem.  It also does not appear to accept a USB modem, so your Internet key will not work.

From what I can tell, Netgear has 4 classes of mobile broadband products:

1. USB Modem

These are probably the same as your Internet key.  I think they are not available in Italy.

2. Mobile Hotspot

These are cellular modems with Wi-Fi.  Netgear calls them Aircards.  There is an optional cradle (like the DC112A) that can accept an Aircard and provide expanded capabilities (extra antennas, Ethernet and USB ports).

3. LTE gateway

These are cellular modems with Wi-Fi, Ethernet and USB ports.  The LG6100D is a LTE gateway designed for Sprint.  I found the Netgear MBR1517, which appears to be designed for the European market, so it may work with one of your sim cards.

4. USB modem compatible router

This is a Wi-Fi router that can accept a USB modem.  It looks like it's available in Italy as the MBRN3000.  Your Internet key may work with this, but you should confirm that it is supported before you purchase.  Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that this will not amplify your cellular signal.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

I'm not an expert with Netgear's mobile broadband products, so you are welcome to ignore me.  Smiley Happy

I looked at the documentation for the LG6100D and it looks like it's specifically designed to be used with Sprint's cellular network, so you probably cannot use its built-in LTE modem.  It also does not appear to accept a USB modem, so your Internet key will not work.

From what I can tell, Netgear has 4 classes of mobile broadband products:

1. USB Modem

These are probably the same as your Internet key.  I think they are not available in Italy.

2. Mobile Hotspot

These are cellular modems with Wi-Fi.  Netgear calls them Aircards.  There is an optional cradle (like the DC112A) that can accept an Aircard and provide expanded capabilities (extra antennas, Ethernet and USB ports).

3. LTE gateway

These are cellular modems with Wi-Fi, Ethernet and USB ports.  The LG6100D is a LTE gateway designed for Sprint.  I found the Netgear MBR1517, which appears to be designed for the European market, so it may work with one of your sim cards.

4. USB modem compatible router

This is a Wi-Fi router that can accept a USB modem.  It looks like it's available in Italy as the MBRN3000.  Your Internet key may work with this, but you should confirm that it is supported before you purchase.  Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that this will not amplify your cellular signal.
Message 2 of 3
Gianca19
Aspirant

Gentle TheEther , I want to thank you because, reading your answer, I probably have found the solution to my problem. 

Thanks again, I salute you.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7