× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mac Devices Connect to Wifi, but Not Internet

sgmstr
Aspirant

Mac Devices Connect to Wifi, but Not Internet

R6400V2 (AC1750) with Firmware V1.0.4.122_10.0.95.

Mac devices not connecting to Internet (only connect to Wifi Router).  Non-Mac devices connect to Internet awith no problem.  It happens randomly and re-starting the router gets you connected to Internet.

Did Wireless Diagnostics on one of my Mac and it is telling me DNS Resolution Failure.  Added a few open source DNS with no luck and since non-Mac devices connects just fine, I'm thinking it has nothing to do with DNS Resolution, but some settings in the router is causing issues with Mac devices.

I've tried disabling/enabling IPv6 and performed factory reset with no luck.

It could be the firmware issue and maybe downgrading to the previous version may help solve the problem, but want to leave as last resort.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted at another forum and was told posting here would get more responses.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Mac Devices Connect to Wifi, but Not Internet

I would try downgrading the firmware a version. We've seen lots of complaints on the .122 firmware. 

Message 2 of 4
sgmstr
Aspirant

Thanks again for replying here.  It seems so since all were good before updating firmware, so yes, I'm leaning towards downgrading it.

Do you just upload the older firmware into the router under "Advanced" ->"Administration" -> "Update".  (See screenshot) Anything i should look out for?  

my devices do not have ethernet cable port so it'll all have to be done wireless.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Correct you'd follow the route and upload the older firwmare to it. 

Works pretty well. 

the only thing to look/check for is to disable auto-updates so it doesn't revert back. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7