× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 WiFi Router - intermitent problem connecting my home PC to internet through router

SteveM09
Follower

N300 WiFi Router - intermitent problem connecting my home PC to internet through router

Hi There Group,

Home PC, N300, Windows 10, nothing else fancy

I have a nagging problem.  Sometimes when I start up my PC and go to my generic home page I can see the Network Icon on the taskbar and it has a "red x".   I think it is red.  I am clor blind so this might not be correct.  It is an "x" .  When I try to bring up anything which requires internet access I am given and error messages that basically says no Internet connect avaiable.   If I turn off my PC and start over everyting is fine.  One more thing I also get a dialog box when I turn off the PC.  Something about a memory write problem.  I have ignored this in the past because I don't know what it means.  If it is important I will write it down the next time.

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Steve 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: N300 WiFi Router - intermitent problem connecting my home PC to internet through router

Hi @SteveM09,

This might not be an issue with your NETGEAR equipment but rather more of an issue with your computer. You can check with the computer manufacturer to have the drivers of your LAN adapter updated and have your hard drive checked for the memory error.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: N300 WiFi Router - intermitent problem connecting my home PC to internet through router

Hi @SteveM09,

This might not be an issue with your NETGEAR equipment but rather more of an issue with your computer. You can check with the computer manufacturer to have the drivers of your LAN adapter updated and have your hard drive checked for the memory error.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7