× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N600 Time Warner Issue

DanH3
Aspirant

N600 Time Warner Issue

Hello!

I bought and have used my N600 with Comcast over the last year in Chicago with no problems. I moved to Dallas yesterday, and attempted to get my internet set up. Hooked everything up, called Time Warner (TWC) to give them the MAC address, but we could not get it working (even though Netgear and TWC say that it I compatible). They say they can see that everything is active and looks fine on their end, we tried factory resetting the router, but can't get it to work. They want to send me one of their modems/routers. I can connect to the router via an Ethernet cord and wifi, but when I try to access the Internet, nothing comes through. Looked through the router site, through Genie, but could not figure out how to get it to work. Any advice?
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
DanH3
Aspirant

Re: N600 Time Warner Issue

We had previously tried doing a factory reset, but that didn't work.

But I have a update - the Time Warner Cable modem/router came, I plugged it in called TWC, they activated it, I was able to connect to the internet, I plugged in the N600, and then asked them to verify the MAC address, it took a few minutes but started working.

Perhaps it was a MAC address issue, but I think there was something that they activated on their end.

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @DanH3,

Welcome to the community!

Since you mentioned about giving the MAC address to your ISP, is this the MAC address of your computer or the Netgear router? Can you get online without the router? If you do, I suggest that you try to spoof the MAC address of the computer that can get online. Kindly follow the steps here.

Let us know what happens.

Regards,

Message 2 of 10
DanH3
Aspirant

Hello, Elaine!

It was the MAC address of the router. I cannot get online while connected to the router (although I can get online via my phone's hotspot). I cannot connect via WiFi or Ethernet cord.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan
Message 3 of 10
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DanH3 how about getting Internet access when you connect your computer directly to the modem? What is the exact model number and version of your Netgear device?

Regards,

Message 4 of 10
netwrks
Master

If you can connect to the internet with your laptop directly connected to your modem, then try MAC Address spoofing on your router, with the MAC Address of your laptop. Have a look at Page1-7.

Message 5 of 10
DanH3
Aspirant

I have a Netgear N600, modem/router combo. When I plug directly into it, I cannot access the Internet.

Thanks for the suggestions - please keep them coming!
Message 6 of 10
netwrks
Master

If this is your device "N600 Wireless Dual Band Router WNDR3400" then it is just a router.. router pic

I was asking you of you could  plug into the TWC MODEM with an ethernet cable with a laptop?

Message 7 of 10
DanH3
Aspirant

No, it is not just a router. I have a NETGEAR N600 Wi-Fi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router (C3700).

Here is a link to my modem router: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IF0JAYE/ref=pe_385040_121528360_TE_dp_1

Thanks for your continued support to help me resolve this.

Message 8 of 10
netwrks
Master

If you have not already done so,  I would reflash the router and go throught the connection Wizard. Failing all these steps, I would reconfirm with you ISP that they entered the correct MAC address for your router..

Message 9 of 10
DanH3
Aspirant

We had previously tried doing a factory reset, but that didn't work.

But I have a update - the Time Warner Cable modem/router came, I plugged it in called TWC, they activated it, I was able to connect to the internet, I plugged in the N600, and then asked them to verify the MAC address, it took a few minutes but started working.

Perhaps it was a MAC address issue, but I think there was something that they activated on their end.

Thanks for your help!

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7