× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear AC1200 router consistently drops p2p connections in games after 3-4 minutes.

Valkoreth
Follower

Netgear AC1200 router consistently drops p2p connections in games after 3-4 minutes.

I have been desling with this issue for months now. I even replaced my router and the problem persists. When I play a video game that uses a p2p connection for multiplayer, I get disconnected every time after aproximately 3-4 minutes. I do not lose internet connectivity or connection to the game server. Only the p2p connection is interrupted. Currently this is most noticable in Street Fighter V. After 3-4 minutes I am disconnected from my opponent, however, my connection to CFN remains unaffected.

This issue is present on both PC and PS4. I have tested the game with the computer connected directly to the modem, bypassing the router, and the issue goes away. This means something in the routers setting is causeing the issue. Unfortunately, no one else can use the internet when I do this and therefore it is not a viable solution to fixing the problem. 

I have up to date firmware. Static IP is set on my machine with all the relavent ports forwarding. QoS is disabled. I have tried enableing/disableing UPnP. I have tried disabling port scan and DoS protection. I have scoured multiple forums and have seen many instances of this issue but no solutions. Nothing I have tried has resolved the issue. I'm at my wits end. I replaced my older AC1200 with a new one and it is still happening. I know this issue is not present on other routers, but even if I bought a new router I wouldn't know what to look for to avoid repeating the issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Model: R6230|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7