× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear AC1450 Router Ready share problem seeking advice

jfyocum
Aspirant

Netgear AC1450 Router Ready share problem seeking advice

I'm using Netgear Router model AC1450. It is hardwired to  2computers. I have connected a printer and an external hard drive to the USB port on the router and installed NetGear USB Contorl Center software. At first, both components showed up when I opened NetGear Control Center. The printer worked OK from both of two computers. Then I did a disk backup to external drive. That seemed to work OK as well. But alas, after the backup, the printer would no longer show up in the NetGear USB Contorl Center window, nor would the printer work.

Additionally, I have AT&T micro cell unit that is plugged into one of the ethernet ports of the router to allow my cell phone to work in the house where there is no useful cell tower signal. That also quit working after the backup.

I tried rerunning the ReadySharePrinter_setup_v1.36 installation software first to repair the NetGear USB Contorl Center (didn't help), and then to uninstall and reinstall the NetGear USB Contorl Center. Neither one of those steps worked. Printer would not function.  Then I tried unplugging the external hard drive, leaving only the printer. I re-installed the NetGear USB Contorl Center, and now printer works. But of course I have to find a different conection for the external drive and it will not be shared between the two computers.

Anybody know how to make both printer and external hard drive function when both are connected to the router's USB port?

Model: AC1450|Gigabit Smart WiFi router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
doraemon
Prodigy

Re: Netgear AC1450 Router Ready share problem seeking advice

If there's only 1 USB then you can only use one device at a time. 

It's either you connect your printer or your HD to the router and gain access from it.

Though one thing you could do if you want to have access on both devices at the same time is to connect your printer to your computer and enable file and share printing. 

Then have the HD to the router and just access it how it was before. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
doraemon
Prodigy

Is this working before?

If both devices are plugged in, both USB lights are lit?

Maybe a problem with the USB port/s?
What's the capacity of your hard drive? 

Message 2 of 4
jfyocum
Aspirant

I never had both uits working at the same time. First I attached printer, and it worked fined (with the Ready Share Sw installed). a few weeks later I attached an external hard drive, and both units showed up on on the dialog box when NetGear Control Center was opened. I immediately made a backup to the external hard drive, and the next time I tried to print, printer didn't work. Now when I opened NetGear Control Center, the printer didn't show up, just the External hard drive. I tried uninstalling and re-installing NetGear Control Center, but that didn't help. So I disconnected the External hard drive, and the printer began working again.

The NetGera AC1450 Router has only 1 USB port, and I'm thinking that that router will support only 1 device connected to it. Does naybody know if it will support two, and how do I get two of them to work?

Message 3 of 4
doraemon
Prodigy

If there's only 1 USB then you can only use one device at a time. 

It's either you connect your printer or your HD to the router and gain access from it.

Though one thing you could do if you want to have access on both devices at the same time is to connect your printer to your computer and enable file and share printing. 

Then have the HD to the router and just access it how it was before. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7