× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear GS208-100PAS

HarlZuk
Aspirant

Netgear GS208-100PAS

I have a Netgear GS208  8-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch connected by an ethernet cable to my AT&T 2Wire 3801 HGV router. Every time I turn on my second computer that is ethernet cabled into this Netgear switch, it causes the router to shut down and then I have to wait about 5 minutes for the router to reboot. AT&T support tells me that there is no problem with the router when they ping it and I agree that I don't have problems with the other devices ( home security, printers and VOIP phones) that are ethernet cabled to the router as well. The shut down only happens when I start my second computer that is cabled in. Any ideas on how to address this issue?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear GS208-100PAS

Try connecting the 2nd computer to the modem and test with out the switch. 

Ensure your using good quality LAN cables. CAT6 is recommended. 

Please visit and post about this over in the Switch forum if it seems to be a switch issue:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Unmanaged-Switches-Forum/bd-p/business-unmanaged-switches

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 4
HarlZuk
Aspirant

Thanks for the input. I will try this later when I get back home and post the results of this test. I appreciate your help.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements