× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear R6400 Can not get 5g on PC

Andeee
Aspirant

Netgear R6400 Can not get 5g on PC

Netgear R6400 Had the router for awhile now. We only connected at 2.4 on everything. Today we decided to look into it to see if we could connect to the 5G. All the phones hooked up to 5G with no problem the only problem is you can't hook up to the PC up to 5G. It only will hook up at 2.4. I've updated my router. Did some different troubleshooting online. I came across if I had B.G. and N That my computer will not be able to work with 5G. 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Andeee
Aspirant

Re: Netgear R6400 Can not get 5g on PC

There was one thing I forgot to do and that was to check the card I have in my computer. The card in my computer is not compatible with 5G. Sorry for the post My mistake.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Andeee
Aspirant

There was one thing I forgot to do and that was to check the card I have in my computer. The card in my computer is not compatible with 5G. Sorry for the post My mistake.

Message 2 of 3

If you need the speed, and don't have a wired option, you can get an inexpensive USB adapter to add 5 GHz to a Windows PC.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7