× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Routers with VPN Clients Supported

cjritchey
Follower

Netgear Routers with VPN Clients Supported

Hey Y'all,

Does anyone have a list of Netgear Routers that support VPN clients (like ExpressVPN)?

My ISP has been doing some horrible throttling that is not related to my contractual limit (I know this because I only use about half my limit each month). I am looking for a new router that supports VPN clients, so that all my WIFI connected devices will not get throttled at home. I don't want to have to install a new firmware like Tomato or DD-WRT, because I have already had issues with that before on my current router. I have never bricked my route, but I haven't succesfully been able to install either of those other firmwares. So I want my router to have VPN Client support in the factory firmware. I am currently looking into Express VPN, if that helps.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Routers with VPN Clients Supported

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

If you want expressvpn, then go to their site and see what routers support expressvpn and how to install it. Thats the bets way to find out what routers you can use

Message 3 of 4

Whatever you choose, before you slap third party firmware on your device, which the maker may not support, find the equivalent of this;

Restore the Original Firmware of a Router Running ExpressVPN

We've had a flurry of "get me out of here" messages lately. Break your Netgear (other brands may differ) router and this isn't the place to ask for a life parachute.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7