× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear n900 wireless dual band wndr4500v2

Jgray27408
Follower

Netgear n900 wireless dual band wndr4500v2

I am switching out my WiFi router to a different brand. It still works just old. Problem I want to either donate or recycle it but the password is listed on the equipment. I want to either change the password or clear out info. Can someone help?
Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: Netgear n900 wireless dual band wndr4500v2

Do a factory reset, either through the firmware GUI or pressing the reset button for 10 sec.
Message 2 of 3

Re: Netgear n900 wireless dual band wndr4500v2

@Jgray27408 wrote:
Problem I want to either donate or recycle it but the password is listed on the equipment.

If that is the password on the label – and not just something you wrote on the thing – a reset won't change that. It is there by default. But there is no security risk. It won't be on your network,

When someone buys a new router, Netgear goes out of its way to urge you to change the Wi-Fi password.

In the decade since your wndr4500v2 was released, security concerns have become so important that newer routers try to prevent you from using that default password beyond the setup stage.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7