× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Network unstable

actinia
Aspirant

Network unstable

I am experiencing daily unstabilty on my R6300v2 FW version V1.0.3.30. 

My devices appears to be connected, but nothing happens when I try to open websites, and when I try to open NETGEARGenie on my MacBook pro, it is not able to find the router. Wireless network appears as if connected.  

If I try the same on an older windows7 device, there is usually no trouble. 

I have one almost brand new macbook pro, two ipads and one iphone which usually experiences the same problems with the router. 

Can the problems be related to the 5 GHz band? Is it possible to disable it? 

Any other suggestions? 

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
doraemon
Prodigy

Re: Network unstable

Looking at the description of the centrino wireless adapter, it will only work on 2.4ghz. 

You may wanna try disabling and enabling SSID broadcast on the 5ghz. When you access the router page, look for the 5ghz and uncheck it then click Apply. After it's done saving, enable SSID broadcast once again. 

If the same thing happens, reflash the firmware of your router. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
doraemon
Prodigy

that could be a problem on the 5ghz if it says connected but not loading a website. what happens if you connect to the 2.4ghz signal? is the windows 7 connecting through the 5ghz band or on the 2.4ghz? 

Message 2 of 8
actinia
Aspirant

I´ll try having my mac connected to the 2.4 ghz for a while, and see what happens.

My windows 7 computer has an intel centrino wireless-n 1000 card, which seems to only connect to the 2.4 ghz. 

Are there any fixes if the 5ghz on the router is the problem? The router is just a few months old, and has had these hiccups since I bought it.. 

Message 3 of 8
doraemon
Prodigy

Looking at the description of the centrino wireless adapter, it will only work on 2.4ghz. 

You may wanna try disabling and enabling SSID broadcast on the 5ghz. When you access the router page, look for the 5ghz and uncheck it then click Apply. After it's done saving, enable SSID broadcast once again. 

If the same thing happens, reflash the firmware of your router. 

Message 4 of 8
netwrks
Master

@actinia Ensure WMM  is enabled on the router, (Macs need it) close the Genie app, on your Mac. Genie can  cause numerous perfomance issues on the router. When you logon to the router, use a browser.

Message 5 of 8
actinia
Aspirant

WMM was enabled. I´ll kill the Genie app and only use the browser.. 

Message 6 of 8
actinia
Aspirant

Thank you, @doraemon, I´ll try disabling and enabling again, and reflash fw. 

I switched my regular units from the 5ghz to 2,4 ghz, and they´ve run smoothly without errors..

Message 7 of 8
actinia
Aspirant

One of your answers seem to have fixed my problem. Since the VMM already was enabled, I believe it was disableing and enabling the 5 ghz network that did the trick. Thanks guys.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7