× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Password on 2.4ghz

TheHawaiiYankee
Initiate

No Password on 2.4ghz

Hello! I recently purchased and set up a Netgear C6300. When utilizing NETGEAR genie, I've found that I am able to change the name of both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz channels but when I attempt to update the passwords only the 5Ghz password updates. Despite having security options checked and a password written in, the 2.4Ghz remains unprotected and open to connection. Any advice on how to tackle this issue?

Also unrelated but it is a problem with initial setup. Despite having ISP speed rated at 200 mbps down I am unable to run a speed test of greater than 11mbps on a hard wired PC. The router caims to be rated for 300 so where could the issue lie?

Thank you!

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: No Password on 2.4ghz

A couple things. 

1. do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and the event logs? 

2. have you tried a factory reset/reinstall?
3. have you tried using a different browser/pc to set the password? 

4. Next time, you might get better help in the cable modem/router forum versus the standard router forum. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

A couple things. 

1. do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and the event logs? 

2. have you tried a factory reset/reinstall?
3. have you tried using a different browser/pc to set the password? 

4. Next time, you might get better help in the cable modem/router forum versus the standard router forum. 

Message 2 of 4
TheHawaiiYankee
Initiate

So it ended up working out, I had factory reset it once, attempted the settings from different pc/mobile/the Nighthawk App to no avail, but after factory resetting it the second time it worked out. Thank you very much for the help!

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad it fixed the issue!

let us know if you have other issues

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos