× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Offline Satellite

sbhakta68
Follower

Offline Satellite

Ok folks, need some assistance.  I have one router and two satellites.  The system has been up and running fine for several years now.  A few months ago I noticed some lag in signal, so I looked up my system in the orbi app, and it is telling me that one of my satellites is showing to be offilne.  I tried resetting it via a pin, but it is still showing offline.  I am getting a solid white ring on top of the unit also.  Any further ideas I need to try before I have to buy a new one ?  Thank you in advance.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Offline Satellite

@sbhakta68 wrote:

Ok folks, need some assistance.  I have one router and two satellites.

Orbi devices are not like the General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk and Non-Orbi) covered in this section. (The Non-Orbi bit is a giveaway.) A lot of questions are generic and apply to most routers. But Orbi stuff has its own quirks.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7